Saturday 3 January 2015

Rila 2014 proceedings online



Over the Christmas-New Year break, I didn't do much nuclear physics stuff, but while I visited family and friends for the first week and succumbed to illness for the second, the organisers of the Rila Mountain workshop that took place earlier in the year were busy finalising the proceedings.  Their online publication was announced in an email I received on 29th December, so my paper in that proceedings definitely counts as my last 2014 paper.  I'll receive a paper copy of the proceedings in due course, and may wait until then before sitting down with it to remind me of some of the talks.  

The next workshop in the series is 21st-27th June 2015.  This year, I don't think I'll be able to make it.  I've been given dispensation in the past not to attend the final examination board at work, not having had direct involvement with second semester classes involving final examinations over the last couple of years, but now that I am the MPhys Research Year coordinator, being away for the exam board is unlikely to happen.   Too bad - it has always been a good workshop when I've been there, and a nice way to end the academic year.

The picture above is the official conference picture from the website.  I'm the one with a baby on my shoulders.  Click for a bigger image!

No comments:

Post a Comment